Position: Mechanical Technician
Barbour Stockwell is a world leader in providing test equipment or test services to confirm the integrity of critical rotating components; from EV Motor rotors to Aircraft Engine rotor disks. The company is seeking a Mechanical Technician to work in both the test rig manufacturing and test service operations.
Duties will include:
- Mechanical assembly of test rigs mainly using fasteners with attention to torque requirements. Some tapping or chasing threads required. Occasional welding. Larger parts will require material handling with the aid of a forklift or bridge crane.
- Plumbing between rig components; may be piping, tubing, or hose. Tube bending and installation of fittings will be required.
- Assembly of high precision parts, including ball bearings, to build ultra-high-speed air turbines, spindles, and gearboxes. Some assemblies will require shrink fits by employing heat and liquid nitrogen.
- Rotor balancing.
- Setting up tests in the company’s own lab including mounting the appropriate drive for the speeds required and installing instrumentation.
- Programming the test plan employing the company’s proprietary software.
- Programming meters.
- Running tests which will require monitoring critical process variables.
- Using excel for recording data and post-test data manipulation including the generation of graphic displays.
- Associates Degree
- Mechanical Assembly Experience:
- Precision Machinery
- Proficiency with Hand Tools:
- Torque Wrenches
- Micrometers & Gages
- Hand Tools
- Digital Volt Meters
- Familiarity with Automated Data Acquisition:
- Programming Meters, etc.
- MS Office Skills
- Willingness to Travel – Overseas and Domestic
Nice to have:
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification a big plus
- Experience in the Assembly of High-Speed Rotating Equipment
- Rotor Balancing Experience
- Familiarity with Inspection Tools, Methods
- Familiarity with Vacuum Vessels, Pumps
- Welding capability
- Hydraulics, Pneumatics Experience
To apply for this role, please fill this form and attach your resume.